Being raised in a religious household, there are some things that will always stick to me. Whenever I see a rainbow, I think of God's covenant with Noah: "Wasn't that a shitstorm? Everything's going to be okay now". And even though I don't Believe, this is something that comforts me, if in a distinctly earthly, mortal way. By the skin of our gritted teeth, we get by, and everything changes and grows and dies and decays.
It's too bad that feeling connected to humanity doesn't get my papers written. But, hey, ain't refracted light grand?
2 comments:
Hey, it's Matt! Suzy and I and a couple of our other friends turned that picture into a puzzle, trying to figure out exactly where it was taken from. We finally concluded that the white apartment complex in the distance is 123 E State St, meaning this picture was taken from either Grovsenor or Fort streets, probably down the length of one of the Govsenor/Franklin/State alleys.
Fun!
Hey Matt, expert sleuthing! Sure enough, I live near the east corner of Grosvenor and Fort. I took the photo from my back porch. I'm impressed.
Could you tell that it was me waving to you outside Pita Pit the other day? I think I scared you.
Post a Comment