Monday, January 12, 2009


I went to my first ever yoga class today. I was suspicious.

In fact, when we were first instructed to close our eyes, my basal level of spaz had me so tightly coiled that I literally could not get my eyes to shut. I just sat there, looking through my eyelashes like a kid cheating at Heads Up Seven Up. In retrospect, I guess no one could use some yoga more than a girl who's all bent out of shape because she can't close her eyes.

An hour and a half later of stretching and pushing and "orienting my pelvic crests toward the earth" or whatever bullshit, I was basically a puddle of contentment on the floor. Surprise nonconsensual face massage aside, that class was the best thing that's happened so far in 2009.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay, yoga. It's true, no one could use some yoga more than you. Plus, what's wrong with a little free bonus massage time. Maybe this will help you get in touch with your... Whatever, I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. Although, as your life coach I strongly suggest you continue with this yoga thing.

Brenda said...

Yay! You got a water bottle. I was just telling Lara how I am a little sad I didn't bring a yoga excercise video or something with me. I have reached the top of the bell curve and coming down on too much peace and quiet. I need to relax!