Saturday, November 29, 2008


Somehow I lucked out with really funny, smart, interesting friends in high school. I'm still in touch, both closely and distantly, with most of them. But a Thanksgiving tradition of pie in the evening at Matt and John's house is a chance to talk existential crises and make poop jokes with the people I used to break curfew in order to talk existential crises and make poop jokes with. I love to drink beers and laugh until my face hurts with these guys, and I really only get to see them all in one place this one night each year.

This year, we hit a neighborhood bar after the festivities died down at the Umlands. When I was in high school, my parents used to say "Nothing good happens after midnight". I took this picture of Joey beating me at pool shortly before the evening went disastrously downhill.

No comments: