Another tradition among my friends is a Thanksgiving weekend lunch buffet feast at Ajanta, easily Dayton's best Indian restaurant. No other Indian restaurant can ever get the texture of Saag Paneer just right. I think the copious amounts of grease, pooling orange on the plate, are key. You can't really catch up with friends while packing your greedy maw full of fried naan, but oh well. There's always the phone.
Leslie is my best freaking friend since 7th grade, but our lives are tragically divided by geography. Her family got an adorable new dog, who is decidedly...special needs? I have never encountered a dog like this. Blank stare, no licking, no barking, no whimpering. If you prop him up and let go, he will slump over like a sack of potatoes, eyes unblinking. Like her dad said, "the lights are on but nobody's home."
I am not proud to say that a retarded dog provided a solid hour of weeping-from-laughter entertainment. Cuddly little bastard.
2 comments:
this is the kind of dog i need.
He does look a little like a golden retriever pup in this photo, but oh how he's not.
Post a Comment